Saturday, March 29, 2008

The end of an era!!


Felt rather sad this morning.

Most of my work is now writing, but apart from adjudicating and workshops etc I do have a few private pupils. These are mainly children of friends.

I have been teaching one family for years, and all four of them have stayed with me until sixth form. This morning the yougest, Daniel (yes Dan the man!!) had his LAST lesson before starting A levels, and there are NO MORE!!!!!!.

I was saying to Dan this morning that the family have been with me from the very early stages of my writing, testing out pieces and playing from manuscripts, even co writing pieces, and certainly influencing things .

The piano piece "Angels" was written for all the Cashmans, "Anna Lou" which appears in some violin books was for Anna, and even the Mum, Charlotte had a piece ("Madge's maggot"in Razz 2), written to celebrate her becoming a magistrate.

Its so nice that in my new choral book "Sparking Songs for Starter Choirs", Mike (the Dad, and a clever lyricist) has contributed the words for some amusing songs.

I would just like to say Tom, Peter, Anna and Daniel, I am waiting for the next Generation!!.
The picture is of the French window that Tom Cashman ran into while trying to get into our back garden. Sorry a strange harmonica player got in the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, you have been the most wonderful and inspirational teacher for all our children. Your lessons were always creative, fun and no-one else could have given them the love of music in the way that you have. Bless you for all that you've done over the years. When's the next Shrimp-Cashie night?! Love M and C x