Monday, August 11, 2008

FANTASTIC week


























































































































































Just had a really brilliant week at the National Youth Music Camp Teenage camp 2. I was resident for the week and we worked on one of my shows "Loads of lather".

















The standard of music making was very high, the campers were wonderful, and there was some very eminent (and awfully nice) tutors.

















There was a huge variety of music making with most genre's covered, and was the creative atmosphere was as inspiring as ever.

















John Dankworth made an appearance and sat in with our big band. He talked to the saxes about instruments and mouthpieces and told anecdotes about international superstar musicians. ( the kids were awe struck).

















If I didn't still feel that I was jet lagged from the experience I would write more...... more later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent to see your photos! Looks like a great time was had by all, quite jealous I didn't get to sit on the masterclass with John, oh well, next time!