Thursday, September 18, 2008

September songz


I always find September an exciting time work wise, as everything comes back to life after the summer holidays when not much going on (except Music camp of course!!). I suppose its the best time of year for us who write educational music, and the new works start to take off and sometimes you get a bit of feedback.

A few interesting things happening. I am writing a commissioned piece for the "Sing up" project, as well as my usual scheduled things.

A while back we recorded the CD for the "Angel voices" book I've been so excited about. Not only will that be out soon, but two of the songs which are carols have already been published in the above collection for upper voice choirs. ( good grief Christmas!!).

I am trying to get my head down to get lots of ideas onto manuscript but as usual am easily side tracked. Plenty of apples to pick, lavender to harvest lakes to walk round............

No comments: