Sunday, May 9, 2010

I promise to do my best.







I have just spent a very nostalgic afternoon.



I have been asked to be an ambassador for the Girl Guides, and was invited to attend their Annual banner service today to celebrate a hundred years of guiding.



I spent happy years as a brownie and guide as did both our girls. Many of my songs have been influenced by times singing around a campfire, and the music camps were inspired by Avril's time as a guide. pictured is me as a brownie, and as a guide (front row, far side).



There were ninety banners/flags paraded today to represent each guiding area in the county. They had been designed and beautifully made by the guide companies, and to see them lining the path to the church brought quite a lump to the throat.



The afternoon was rounded up as one would expect with tea and the most creative display of fairy cakes I have ever seen. I chose a butterfly cake for old times sake......... I can feel a piece of music coming on.

No comments: