Thursday, February 14, 2008

Brilliant morning

I have just had the best morning doing "Sizzling Songz" with an over 50's group group.
They all really enjoyed the old songs that they probably haven't sung for many decades. there was a real sense of joy in the place, and the gathering was transformed at the end of the session from what had been a lot of resigned looking people who didn't want to sing, to a euphoric group who queued to tell me about the memories some of the songs had stirred.
I can see why singing has so many health benefits....Brilliant!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah
I just wanted you to know that I check your blog practically every day to see what you've been up to. However, it has taken me this long to work out how to leave a comment. Clearly, I am about as good with computers as I am at remembering accidentals and I think you know how good that is after this many years! This post really made me smile because it reminded me of your music classes at the Old Pavillion. This will be Chloe and I in a few years, but as long as we enjoy ourselves as much as they did I will be happy! I bet you made their day. Lots of love,
Jane.Xx.

The National Youth Music Camps said...

You have made MY day!!
Sarxxx