Thursday, May 1, 2008

Simon Ambrose




You may have seen another name on one of my books. Simon Ambrose is a fine drummer with whom I have worked for many years. When I was working on the Razzamajazz series I wanted to include a book for drum kit, and thought Simon was the ideal collaborator. I wanted the books to work together, so decided to put drum parts to some of the popular pieces so that they could be played alongside the solo books. Some of the pieces also appear in the "Really Easy band book" which doesn't have a drum part included.


Simon has worked with me on many educational projects and at the "National Youth Music Camps", so knows my style (!). He is also an experienced teacher and knows what works for young players, so he did a very good job of writing all the parts for the drum kit book.


Simon is also a good friend, quite good at magic tricks, and very funny!. I think I may struggle to find a serious photo of him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A classic picture of Si!