Tuesday, May 27, 2008

singing angels!


It has been an exciting week. I may have mentioned before that I started work on some choral pieces before Christmas. The songs are new takes on old hymns with new tune, and updated text.

I got very enthusiastic about the project, then had a set back with lyrics and put it on hold.

I have put a choir of angelic friends together and we are performing two of the songs in a charity concert. We had a rehearsal, and it really lifted my spirit. Hearing the works performed really brings them to life, and I got excited again.

I have written two more settings this week and will soon have done enough for them to work as a book. This means a lot to me, as its a substantial piece of musical writing of the type that I don't often get chance to do.

The songs are for treble voices, but I may also do a SATB version. The response from my kind friends was good, so lets hope other people like them. ( My friends are prettier than in the picture)

No comments: