Thursday, January 29, 2009

Tea with the Lord Mayor of London (well almost)


I was invited to the Mayors first Music Education Summit at City hall last week. It was a really interesting day with an impressive guest list ( and me!). The day was divided into forums, seminars and discussion groups, and the small group I was in was lead by the Education manager from the LSO to discuss working with East End schools towards music for the Olympics. Other members of the group were representatives of the 2012 committee, the BBC, other London orchestras and the Arts Council ( and me!). I learned a lot from the day, and renewed acquaintances and met some interesting contacts.

Boris (the Mayor) was due to arrive at six to give out the Music Amnesty awards, but I had to get home for a rehearsal so missed him!.

No comments: