Monday, September 17, 2007

Found this.


Found this picture, and it reminded me of a couple of double basses I have known and loved. One was a bass that was given to me by a member of my Mums dance band. The bass player was taking it to a gig on the top of his car (!!) and it fell off and broke into hundreds of pieces. The bass player was all for leaving it in the middle of the road, but my Mums friend took it home , glued it all together and gave it to me. It stood in the corner of my bedroom until the glue finally gave up and it exploded in the middle of the night.

The other bass was at the first school I ever taught at. It had a square panel cut out of the back, I was told it belonged to a magician who used it as a cocktail cabinet and produced rabbits from it.

Its was still capable of playing a few cool riffs.

No comments: