Sunday, September 2, 2007

Raring to go?


We are back from being away. It was a nice relaxing time before the busy diary that looks scarily close.

I always get really inspired when we're away and often come back with scraps of paper covered with ideas for some crazy scheme or with lists of things I want to achieve like lose weight, eat sensibly, make jam with all the blackberries I collected, or write a serious choral work.

Many a fine choral work has been inspired in a beautiful surrounding ( Beach House Cafe, Skiff skiffle, I've got the EBGB's.... to name a few).

I was particularly inspired by this fairground organ at Dartmouth Regatta. The music may sound mechanical, but the arrangements are inspired. Some musician somewhere penned those inspiring and rousing arrangements, some unknown forgotten ( probably penniless) musician.

No comments: