Monday, January 21, 2008

Interesting as well as highly unlikely


I am working on three projects at the moment, and therefore am spending a lot of time trying to keep focused. While I was grappling for ideas this morning I did a quick analysis of my writing style and came up with an interesting (but improbable) theory.

When I write, I tend to doodle on the piano with my pencil in my mouth and then write things down from time to time. I think I have worked like this for years ( probably have lead poisoning!),

The thing is, I'm not a very confident pianist at all. I could launch into all my theories as to why this is, or tell about those moments of horror on the instrument that shaped my fear .

I started to really relax as a musician when I took up a woodwind instrument. I had played the piano for ten years before that.

Well!. I realised to my interest today that I actually play the piano much better with a pencil in my mouth!. I wondered if there was some psychological significance in this, something about being a woodwind player, or maybe I really do have lead poisoning.

No comments: