Friday, May 4, 2007

"Black and white rag"


This post has absolutely nothing to do with music what so ever, but I just need to share that an area of great tragic memory has been healed today.

A few years ago, I had a beautiful black and white dress. I bought it from Oxfam, and it was "the real thing!". It was a real 50's dress with a bodice and the fullest circular skirt you could imagine.

It was the most comfortable dress I had ever had, and I actually felt good in it.

We live near a park where I used to play as a child and one day (while wearing the dress), I was walking home and noticed the American seesaw had been replaced by a slide.

The temptation to have a go, was too much, and looking around and making sure there was nobody about I quickly climbed the ladder and started my descent.

Well! half way down I realised that my (large) circular skirt was hooked onto the top of the slide and I was suspended on the slide (with my skirt hooked up above my head) and couldn't go up or down.

I prayed hard for (a) a solution, and (b) that nobody would come around the corner.

After what seemed like hours, there was an almighty rip, and my beautiful black and white dress unattached itself from the slide and part of me, and I was able to escape.

My dress was beyond repair, and I was gutted.

Today, I bought another black and white dress.

No comments: