Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Back to Razzin'.


"The Squares call me hip, and the hips call me square" (Henry Mancini")


I love that quote, I can kind of relate to it.

I have had an interesting day today, Having now more or less finished my last project, I am onto the new, and revamping the old "Razzamazz" as well as doing a "Razzamajazz Two".

"Razzamajazz"was actually an early work, and although it has remained popular there are many things about it I really need to upgrade now.

I am writing some new pieces, not to replace the old ones, but to supplement them in areas where I felt there were gaps. There are a few technical things that need to be changed and we are going to do a much better backing track with a selection of speeds.

I have learned such a lot about writing over the last few years, and it will be great to have the opportunity to improve on this.

Lots of people have asked for a "Razzamajazz two" to take the player into the next octave. There is a real need for something to go between "Razzamajazz" and "Razzamajazz Repertoire".

Anyway, back to the interesting day.
I started some of the pieces for the new books, and felt GREAT!!. It occurred to me that I hadn't written anything of this nature for months. Before Christmas was "Sizzling Songz" which were mostly arrangements (but great fun!), then came "Christmas Band in a book" (arrangements), then the musical, music to lyrics, not quite the same freedom.

I just felt so excited to be writing like this again, it was quite liberating. Its great to have real enthusiasm for a project, it doesn't seem like work.

No comments: