Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Seasons Greetings


It has been the most amazingly sunny day today, and what have I been doing?... . Listening to Christmas carols!.

"Band in a book" Christmas carols is now complete, and I have been listening to the CD backing tracks.

I decided to do the book with a more traditional slant so that the band parts could accompany carol singing, and so this could be used for any group, of any combination, of any age .

The arrangements are easy and in easy keys, but with traditional harmonies and singable ranges.

When we first did the backing track we just put on the piano accompaniment but it sounded rather dull and I thought the people who have used "Band in a book" or The "Razzamajazz really easy band book" which have more razzy accompaniments may have been disappointed.

We have zizzed up the backing with bass, lute, and some light percussion.

It sounds really bright now, and I'm very pleased with the whole thing. I think it could be very useful for anyone accompanying carols with "any" ensemble.

Roll on spring!.

No comments: