Friday, May 25, 2007

How about this?


I have been reading a very interesting book about resting (!).
Today's section was particularly good, it started with this quote:
"For rest time, I play Japanese flute for at least an hour a day. The practice I use, is to play one sound which brings my full attention to each note. I do this rather than cruising through a melody (Ahh! long note practise).
"The music I play comes out of the forests of Japan. The instrument is my friend, we lose ourselves in each other"
The book goes on to say "For many, music is a language that connects beneath words, deep in the body and heart. For centuries people have used hymns, chants and sacred melodies to attune their souls."
I have to say I do feel a compulsion both to rest and play long notes after reading this, I just wish I had the time.

No comments: