Saturday, April 28, 2007

Calling ex students of the North Bucks Music Centre.


I went for a walk this afternoon, mainly to get away from listening to my own singing on a demo CD I'm making of songs from the Living archive musical ( I don't have to pay me, perhaps I should have splashed out in the name of "in tune singing").

I also needed to get away from Christmas carols!! which I'm proof reading for Christmas Band in a book" (out soon!).

Anyway I walked around a few old haunts and came back a bit fed up. Around here, everything seems to be being replaced with something bigger and uglier. Many places of my childhood are either being demolished or considerably reduced to squeeze in another hundred houses just because there was a tantalising bit of waste ground.

Anyway, seeing one of these places reminded me of something I must blog!. The North Bucks Music centre was the venue of some of my (and many others) early musical experiences. It no longer exists, but became part of "The Milton Keynes Music Service". The music service is 40 years old this year, and are calling former students to play in a reunion gala concert at Milton Keynes Theatre on 30th June.

If anyone who happens to be reading this wants more details, contact Malcolm Crane at the Music Service. music@milton-keynes.gov.uk


No comments: