Sunday, April 8, 2007

Good excuse!!!




First, Happy Easter!,


Just thought I must share this extraordinary story about something that happened to me this week. I had invited a couple of friends round to play some ensemble music ( Cafe Haus music and Klezmer) I had bought a while ago, and hadn't got round to playing.


I was really looking forward to the evening. I cooked a meal and our friends brought pudding and wine..


Well! we retired to the loft to play. The line up was piano, clarinet sax and bassoon. I was playing sax, and can safely say I have never played so badly in all my life. I was so out of tune that my mouthpiece was nearly hanging off the instrument, and the sound I was making was just awful!!. I was particularly embarrassed as the clarinetist was also a sax player, and this was the first time she had heard me play. I spent the evening apologising, and felt disappointed to say the least after looking forward to the evening so much.


As said in a previous post we played in church on Friday. I had a job getting the mouthpiece on my sax, and realised I had a very sticky and half dissolved mint (quite large!) stuck up the mouthpiece (!!!!!). I had taken my mouthpiece in my bag to Frankfurt to try some saxophones, and the mint was probably loose in my bag. Well at least the sax smells nice!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. Happy Easter to all the Shrimps from all the Cashies. Just whiling away a few minutes on the web and decided to explore your blog. Wonderful! Loved the story about the sticky mouthpiece. Dan says he has already said happy easter but I want my wishes up there too. Love C

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this Sarah, you really made me laugh out loud!!! So glad to hear that you are really just "normal" like the rest of us! Hope to see you soon, love Beccy and the other Herberts xxx

The National Youth Music Camps said...

I should have said in this post about a sax pupil I had that had a "Daddy longlegs" in her saxophone. ( another story)

Anonymous said...

When are we to expect a song called "Mint in my Mouthpiece"? I look forward to it!
Marian - your proofreader

The National Youth Music Camps said...

Great idea Marian. Razz 2!! I'll dedicate it to you.