Monday, April 9, 2007

"The Jazz"


We are all very excited in our house about the new digital radio station "The Jazz" (http://www.thejazz.com/). It is a sister station to classic F.M., and has been playing music since Christmas.
Actual programming is about to start, and there are some big Jazz names doing shows. One of these is Jacqui (Dankworth). Hot foot from recording (nearly ALL) the backing tracks for my "Sixty Sizzling Songs" we're thrilled she has this programme, and can't wait to hear it!.
Actually, she didn't need to do all the sixty tracks in one go, she had already recorded the fifteen or so that had already appeared on "Red Hot Dots", but she did point out ( in good humour!!) that she was recording the equivelant of three albums in a day!.
Having said that, some of the songs did last less that a minute. I wonder if her recordings of "I'm a nut", "King Kong Konga", "Be kind to your web footed friends" etc will appear on the show? (!).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello I am visiting your blog from my bedroom! What fun! I bet Jacqui is bursting to play some Watts on her new radio show! Any chance of you sending in some old "Watts with the Jazz bassoon" recording for fer to play?

Anonymous said...

I too have discovered the joys of the jazz radio station, as I have just joined the world of digital radio. Looking forward to hearing some Dankworth/Watts soon :)