Friday, April 20, 2007

Frustrated artist


I am a frustrated artist. I have tried every medium to create that ultimate picture (well any picture actually).

My imagination thinks I'm good at it, but nearly every attempt to capture something on paper ends with frustration and my masterpiece being filed under B.

I keep writing notes in my diary to remind myself that I'm not actually very good at it, and that I find it frustrating rather than relaxing and fulfilling. Then I read an art book or see someone else's work and get inspired again!!.

I know people (one in particular actually) who are frustrated musicians, desperate to play an instrument or sing, but who obviously have greater gifts!.

I have come to the conclusion that perhaps I can paint pictures or create "that" scene using music. I just have to convince myself that that's the way I do it.

Anyway, must sign off, just going to an art exhibition.

No comments: