Tuesday, March 13, 2007

13th Mar 07. Why a blog?

As a composer I have wanted for a long time to be able to explain my work and chat to people about how my writing can be used, and what was the thinking behind it.
When I write something, I get an idea, get very excited about it, and totally involved in it .
Then I send it to my publisher and feel as if a child has just left home.
Occasionally someone will say " I'm using this book at the moment, and its really useful". This is really thrilling as in my eductional writing, all I ever want to do is write things things that are useful, musically sound and enjoyable.
My writing for young people is designed to make the player feel good about playing their instrument, gain confidence and want to do more.
I hope a blog will be an opportunity to explain how the music works, and how certain books can work together or lead on from each other.
I probably will use the word " exciting" a lot, because I nearly always have some idea bubbling.
(I'm very excited about a project just about to be published, but more about that in another post.)

No comments: