Tuesday, March 20, 2007

teaching in sub zero conditions


Its been SO cold today. The weather has been lovely lately, but then, out of the blue SNOW!.

I have to say it felt even colder teaching in the maids kitchen today. One of the schools where I do a bit of bassoon and saxophone teaching is an old Rothschild mansion. It's very beautiful and full of history, but my teaching room is Freezing. You do hear about instrumental peri's teaching in broom cupboards, and this is definitely better than that, but its like Narnia (always winter). The room used to be the maids kitchen and there is a little back staircase where they ran up to answer the front door. There is a huge ceiling and a tiny fire place where there was probably a tiny fire. I at least have an electric heater, but its probably as effective as the fire place was.

I think the school put me in there because I'm loud, the room seems to be removed from the main school heating. Oh well, the music's "Red Hot".

No comments: