Saturday, March 31, 2007

Musikmesse




I have just returned from the Musikmesse in Frankfurt. I went for three days with the Kevin Mayhew team.
The magnitude of the whole event blew my mind. There were huge halls of every kind of music or instrument and representatives from everywhere!. I don't think I have ever been to anything so truly international. The exhibition halls were enormous, there were halls full of woodwind instruments, pianos, percussion, guitars and amps, a whole hall full of violin makers, and Yamaha, had their own building!.
The hall I liked the most included all the music publishers and the international stands dealing with Music Education. In the Same hall there were American blue grass banjo stands, recorder manufacturers, about thirty accordion stands ( all with accordion player!!) and harmonica's. There were even self tuning guitars, Middle Eastern music stands with automatic page turning contraptions and relaxation chairs with harp strings down the side that you can pluck to relieve stress.
There is so much I could write about the experience, but the high spots were seeing my music on international stands, meeting the distributors, and the fact that these people knew who I was!.
We tried lots of woodwind instruments and compared them. It was fascinating seeing the "hundreds" of Chinese instrument manufacturers stands that were selling very cheap woodwind instruments. ( It was also interesting playing some of them!).
The whole experience was very enjoyable and I was really well looked after. The Messe, hotel and travel arrangements were fantastic. The only downside was that my husband forgot to pick me up at the airport and I had to wait two hours for him to rush from M.K to Heathrow ( very apologetic!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew it wouldn't be long until you achieved international fame! Sounds like an amazing experience.
Happy Easter from all of us.
xx