Saturday, March 17, 2007

News about "Class Act"


I have been out all day today adjudicating a festival. When I got home there was an Email from a friend of a friend saying that she was using "Class Act Flutes" for a Wider ops scheme up North and that it was working well.

I was also interested to read she was using the book with 150 children learning the fife!. I was really thrilled to have news of "Class act". I was really pleased when I had finished it, and felt that when teachers discovered the book, they would find it useful for teaching in groups and also one to one.(its also available for clarinet and violin)

It has a similar feel to Razzamajazz, but includes fun rhythm clapping to a jazzy backing, and also exercises to encourage playing by ear. There are also lots more grass routes easy pieces with a "feel good accompaniment" and tempo's both for practise and performance.

I really believe in these books, and was particularly excited about the violin version. I did a lot of research for this with violin teachers and am sure there is nothing else quite like it for the violin yet. (there is a very nice review for Class act violin on the Kevin Mayhew Website at http://www.kevinmayhew.com/).

It takes a while for books to take off, and it was great to hear that this one is being used.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.