Thursday, March 15, 2007

Red hot Recorder, the next big challenge.


After favourable comments about Razzamajazz (especially Razzamajazz Recorder ). Kevin Mayhew (my publisher) asked me if I would write a recorder tutor. My first reaction was " NO WAY!", but then I started to think this would be a real opportunity to write the sort of thing that I would find useful if teaching the recorder (I started to get excited!).
I was determined to write something that was technically sound as well as good musically. I contacted a lot of respected recorder players and teachers to ask their advise about what they would like to see in a really good tutor. ( Most of them said "Oh no not another tutor" !"), but I was not deterred (!), and went on to do a lot of research about recorder technique etc. In 2005 Red Hot Recorder was born, and I believe many of the teachers I sought advise from now use it, so that's quite pleasing ( well actually, its amazing!!)

No comments: